The HeadHunter Group is an innovative Staffing and Recruiting Company operating in Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, Macedonia, Greece, Bosnia and Herzegovina and USA. We offer the newest mentality in Staffing industry and our core business are Candidates and Clients.
For our Client, based in Finland, we are looking for:
CHIEF DESIGNER IN TANKER
To act as specialist in the field of special ship design. Primary area is: generally tankers like oil tankers, product tankers and chemical tankers and LNG Carrier’s, Secondary area is: commercial cargo vessels like bulk carriers and general cargo vessels.
The goals and environment of the job:
The goal is to represent high technological knowhow in the field of am areas. The job includes tasks in the different phase of the project starting from development and sales phase ending up to basic design phase. The work includes projects all over the world including customers from ship owners, shipyards, engineering offices, authorities, and classification societies. Location of the office will be Helsinki or Turku.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To act as Chief Designer in tanker ship design projects being responsible for ship´s overall design;
· Work includes typically general part of the ship design: outline drawing, general arrangement drawing, optimization of the ship main parameters including ship weight handling and stability issues in general level;
· Understanding of different discipline input to the design is essential part of the job;
· Special understanding to tanker design issues like cargo, cargo handling and their effect on the design is main part of the issue;
· Ship specification creation together with discipline specialists belongs to responsibility of chief designer;
· Chief Designer should be capable to act also as project manager for the tanker projects;
· Develop the concept and sales phase;
· Responsible for the technical responsibility in his field;
· Responsible to develop the concept which meets the goal of the project;
· Follow up the technical development in his field In the contract phase;
· Secure the overall ship design so that it fulfills the requirements - to do the tasks and -Drawings in his field in the contract.
After contract phase:
· Follow up the performance of the design;
· Support and keep contact with the client and ship owner together with project manager - Sales in order to keep customer relationship active.
· Naval Architect, Master of Science (Bachelor of Science can be considered);
· Fluency in English.
· Capability to use modern design tools (AUTOCAD, NAPA, SOLID WORKS or equivalent, 2D and/or 3D design tools).
Are you the one we are looking for? Are you willing to move to Finland?
Send your CV in English and take the chance to become a part of an innovative and prime Organization and an amazing team!
Kindly be aware that after the screening of the CVs received for the respective position, we will only contact the candidates who meet the requirements of the job to schedule an interview.
The interested candidates are invited to send their application documents (a Cover Letter and a CV in English) at: email@example.com if you have any technical questions related the application, please, contact directly on +355 682033430 (Monday - Friday) until 10 February, 2018.
* Note: In order to enhance your chance for entry to the shortlist it is very important to fill in detail all the fields listed in application form: add your CV in English and supporting documents that may be relevant to the given position (certificates, cover letter, references, etc.).
Try The HeadHunter for your success!
Believe your career to the ONLY professionals!